To A Friend







Long time ago I knew him briefly but not closely.
He is a charming, friendly and an easygoing person.
He always shares a sweet smile and warm greeting to everyone.
When he was still a teacher and a learner in that eastern land,
Where I saw him for the first time.
Indeed, I thought that he would be a bright future prophet.
After a few years,  I  met him again briefly
That time, we met in the center of the  Rocky city
Where he was in rush to catch a bus to Dili
Yet he was still able to greet me and tell me about his new life
‘I am going abroad after this’ he said  in a bright smile. He looked so happy.
‘Abroad? To where?’ I asked.
‘USA.’
‘Wow. That’s great maun. Congratulation!’
And so we shared our farewell.
After another several years,
I met him again in the road of Palapaço.
This time, with a new look and charismatic aura,
He stopped, looked at me with his big  friendly smile and greeted me.
Yet I look at him in wandering, trying to recognize him.
‘Hey, it’s me. Have you forgotten me?’
After a few minutes, I smiled and looked at him with surprise.
‘Mine, you look great maun. Totally changed. What’s your secret?’ I said.
‘No. No secret at all. I am still the same as before.’ He answered with a humble smile.
After a brief Q&As on our latest life updates,
We shared our farewell.
Today, I heard again about his journey with disbelief.
Yet I continue to wish him a miracle.
I hope that, like the prophet who was swallowed by the whale,
He could also receive his miracle after three days of faithful waiting.  
I continue to hold on the  hope that we could meet again someday,
With him smiling genuinely at me and said ‘Hi, it’s me again. I am back.’
  
VZ

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Aprende husi Sócrates: Ta’es Dala Tolu

Domin no Diferensa

Feto no Lideransa: Wainhira Feto Ida Sai Lider